Thursday, November 16, 2006

See you in a few days...

I won't be posting for a while as I'm going away for a long weekend to visit family.


Te Awamutu (translated from Maori it means "end of the navigable river") is known as Rose Town as it has beautiful public rose gardens.


It is also the birthplace of musicians Tim and Neil Finn.


Te Awamutu is located about 30km south of Hamilton City, in the Waikato district of the North Island, New Zealand. Town population - 9,500 and service area population - 39,000. There endeth today's geography lesson. See you soon!

3 comments:

Lis said...

I hope you have fun! You'll be missed =)

Kristen said...

i'm sorry i'm a month late in seeing this (almost). what fun it is to see the sign for Te Awamutu. I even showed it to Rob -- b/c, well, you know how much we like those finn brothers. i still feel that neil finn is just darling and i love his cowlick. rhys' hair reminds me of Neil's sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Kristen's husband here...

I've hijacked her computer and stumbled across this blog entry. I am indeed a fan of the Finn brothers. I would love nothing more than to make it to New Zealand some day. It would be even more fun to sit and have a beer with Neil Finn while in the country. Something tells me that the easy-going feel I grew up around in Northern California is shared by the Finn brothers and their countrymen. Maybe we'd have something in common and could have a lively conversation. One can dream...