Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day



A day late and a dollar short but I just wanted to show off the fact that I was spoiled on Valentine's Day. It's easy to be pleasantly surprised when you have low expectations but it was just as well I'd bought him a card and a little something and had planned a nice dinner. I made oven baked salmon fillets with a squeeze of lemon juice, soy sauce and wasabi and served them with salad and fresh green beans. Unfortunately I was too hungry to wait for a photo opporunity.

From my sweetie I received a single red rose (the lilies were a little treat to myself I bought last weekend), a lovely gift set of vanilla bath gel and body lotion from The Body Shop AND a card - all completely unexpected. I was informed that the still wrapped gift was for his other girlfriend but when pushed he said it was my anniversary present and I wasn't allowed to shake it. Ok - so I haven't shaken it but let's just say that it's very light. I wonder what it could be. I'll have to wait til March to find out.

1 comment:

Lis said...

Awww that's so nice. =)

I kept my expectations quite low myself.. glad I did. *grumble*

xoxo