Friday, October 09, 2009

Pink Ribbon Cupcakes

I wanted to make something for Pink Ribbon day but was was in a bit of a hurry and didn't really have time to come up with something fun and interesting. As you can see, my frosting efforts need A LOT of practice. Considering this was the first time I'd made cupcakes in a very long time and the first time I'd used a piping bag in a very long time I don't think they look too awful and anyway, people were so enchanted by the pink sugar glitter they didn't notice anything else.



Liz’s Carrot and Banana Cupcakes

Ingredients
150ml/ 1/4 pint mild flavoured oil (I used rice bran)
250g/8oz self raising wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
150g/5oz light muscovado sugar (I used brown sugar)
60g/2 oz walnuts, coarsely chopped
125g/4oz carrots, grated (I used 2 medium sized carrots)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 tablespoon milk

Method
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl
Mix well until thoroughly combined
Spoon into cupcake papers
Bake at 180C/350F for 20-30 minutes or until they test done
Note - this will depend on the size of your cupcakes. Mine were quite large as I only got 10 cakes from the mixture. They took about 30 minutes
Transfer to a wire rack to cool
Decorate as desired

4 comments:

a toi rose society said...

Finally you are back!!! I've been checking for months. Hope you are well.

Anna N said...

Hey Morv .... these look yummy - might have to give these a try! Have a great long weekend :o)

Tammy said...

Your cupcakes look gorgeous! the swirls are lovely and anything pink gets my vote!

James said...

Cadbury NZ has a special treat waiting for you! Email us your postal details and keep one eye on your mail box! james at choclovers dot co dot nz