Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baby Brights Update


This is the reason why I haven't been doing much foodie blogging lately. I've been working feverishly to finish quilting this quilt before my friend's baby turns 5 and goes to school! I started the top in November before baby was born because the sex wasn't known but once the top was finished I couldn't decide what colour to quilt it with. Then I decided to quilt it in thread to match each block but figured that it would take me so long to thread individual bobbins and thread and unthread the machine each time that I may was well quilt it by hand. What was I thinking!

The quilt is being mailed this week. I hope mum and baby like it.

8 comments:

Roz said...

Hi - lovely blog! I wanted to get in touch to see if you’d be interested in entering our competition to find New Zealand’s Top Food Blogger? The prize includes tickets to see Rick Stein on his tour of NZ, your blog entry published in the program – and so read by hundreds of foodies – plus loads of Rick Stein goodies. Bit too many details to post here, but please email blogger@acmn.co.nz and I’ll send you all the details if you’re interested.
Best wishes,
Roz

Esme said...

This is a really pretty quilt-I like all the colours.

Tammy said...

Morven, we love it! thanks so much!! I did see this on your blog but never imagined it would be for harry. You are so generous and this is just the most beautiful gift!!!

Esme said...

Sorry I never wrote back-your email got lost in the vortex of spam-have fun on your trip out here-too bad we will not get to see each other. LA has been cold-we have had highs only around 19 while the rest of the country is sweating-where are my beach days.

anyway give the children a big hug and enjoy your holidays.

Anna said...

Beautiful quilt Morv!

Torviewtoronto said...

beautiful colours lovely site

Brilynn said...

I'm back to blogging, so when are you making your return!? :)

Unknown said...

I’m really excited you’re sharing this food. But I want to be sure about Digestive Enzymes. Can you inform me this is no problem for digestive in human body?