Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mama's Got A Brand New Bag

Well actually Mama's got a brand new kitchen tool and this post should more appropriately be entitled "Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"

Although I'm a fan of quick and easy cakes which often have a melt and mix technique, a lot of the recipes I'd like to try out start off their method with ".....preferably with a stand beater" so I decided it was time I got myself one.

Barbara of Winos and Foodies has announced this year's LIVESTRONG day baking event - A Taste of Yellow. Why is this relevant? The announcement reminded me how my hand-held mixer just about burned it's poor little motor out because it couldn't cope with my cake batter and I thought yep I NEED a stand mixer. I'd really like a Kitchen Aid but in New Zealand they are ridiculously expensive - almost $1,000. If a Kenwood was good enough for my Mum, it's good enough for me. It has a 600 watt motor and a 4.3L bowl so should be fairly sturdy.


So guess what I'm off to do now? What shall I make first?....You'll have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Madam Chow said...

Kenwoods are excellent. My mum had both a KA and a Kenwood, and ended up using the Kenwood almost exclusively, especially for bread doughs.

barbie2be said...

oh, that that is beautiful! so sleek and modern! congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your new Kenwood mixer. They are an excellent machine too. I really like my Kitchenaid but in general, a lot of stand mixers are quite similar. Btw, are you able to buy KA mixers from Amazon in New Zealand? I ask because the prices are a lot more reasonable than what I see on the store shelves.