Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mama's Got A Brand New Bag

Well actually Mama's got a brand new kitchen tool and this post should more appropriately be entitled "Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"

Although I'm a fan of quick and easy cakes which often have a melt and mix technique, a lot of the recipes I'd like to try out start off their method with ".....preferably with a stand beater" so I decided it was time I got myself one.

Barbara of Winos and Foodies has announced this year's LIVESTRONG day baking event - A Taste of Yellow. Why is this relevant? The announcement reminded me how my hand-held mixer just about burned it's poor little motor out because it couldn't cope with my cake batter and I thought yep I NEED a stand mixer. I'd really like a Kitchen Aid but in New Zealand they are ridiculously expensive - almost $1,000. If a Kenwood was good enough for my Mum, it's good enough for me. It has a 600 watt motor and a 4.3L bowl so should be fairly sturdy.

So guess what I'm off to do now? What shall I make first?....You'll have to wait and see.


Madam Chow said...

Kenwoods are excellent. My mum had both a KA and a Kenwood, and ended up using the Kenwood almost exclusively, especially for bread doughs.

barbie2be said...

oh, that that is beautiful! so sleek and modern! congratulations.

I love my kitchenaid mixer said...

Congrats on getting your new Kenwood mixer. They are an excellent machine too. I really like my Kitchenaid but in general, a lot of stand mixers are quite similar. Btw, are you able to buy KA mixers from Amazon in New Zealand? I ask because the prices are a lot more reasonable than what I see on the store shelves.