Monday, November 17, 2008

Blogging By Mail - 10 Things or Less


Stephanie, from Dispensing Happiness organised another round of her highly popular Blogging by Mail. Blogging by Mail brings back good memories for me because it was a BBM event which was the kick in the pants for me to start blogging. I'll always be thankful to Stephanie for that. This time the brief was "10 items or less". Can you believe that 116 participants signed up for this round?

The wonderful Allison of Sushi Day sent me a box of goodies. She wasn’t sure what she could send from California to New Zealand so opted to fill my box with some of her favourite things. If you are a fan of sushi you really need to check out Allison's blog - it's awesome.

Candy corn: In honour of Halloween. We don’t celebrate it in a big way in New Zealand but the retailers are starting to catch on.

Green tea: Allison packed her favourite brand – Numi Gunpowder Green.

Mochiko: Allison suggested making this into a pudding which you can do in the microwave. I did a bit of googling and came up with a recipe for Mochiko Chicken on the Allrecipes site which sounds mighty tasty.

Inari: I had no idea that these little tofu wrappers came in a canned form and will be keen to try them out.

Coconut water: A favourite of Allison’s boyfriend Son.

Dry roasted edamame: I’ve only ever had fresh edamame before and these little slightly salty snacks are a delicious treat.

Honey Maid Graham Crackers: Allison wasn’t sure if we got these in NZ and she’s right, we don’t. The closest thing would be a digestive biscuit or a superwine. I think these are destined to become a pie crust and I’ll have to pick a typically American pie filling to go on top.

Quadratini Wafers: Made in Italy. Allison warned me that these little not too sweet vanilla flavoured wafers are addictive. She wasn’t wrong. I shared some with my co-workers at afternoon tea time but the rest were all mine and there aren’t any left!

Mixed rice crackers: The perfect snack to have with drinks for a Japanese themed dinner party.

Candy wipes: You might miss these in the photo as they look like a roll of candy but actually it’s little individual wipes which you moisten to use. A great thing to have in my handbag for emergencies.


Thank you Allison for a thoughtful package and of course a big shout out to Stephanie for organising yet another fantastic round of blogging by mail.

If you want to check out what I sent to my swap partner go and visit Melody at The Trap Door.

When’s the next one!

1 comment:

barbie2be said...

lucky girl! candy corn is my very most favorite candy in the world!

what a great package. speaking of, how is your stash of good seasons dressing holding up? ;)